Guidewire Software, a software provider for the property-casualty space, has announced the 2019.2 release of the Guidewire InsurancePlatform. The latest release extends support for insurers to deliver an omnichannel digital service to customers and agents, the company said.
“InsurancePlatform 2019.2 demonstrates Guidewire’s commitment to continual investment in InsurancePlatform for our self-managed and cloud customers,” said Amy Mollin, vice president of product management, platform, at Guidewire. “This release adds new functionality to our Guidewire for Salesforce solution, available on AppExchange, including two-way synchronization between Guidewire Digital and Salesforce Financial Services Cloud.”
Guidewire Insurance Platform has been designed to allow P&C insurance professionals to use data in new ways, improve digital engagement, and innovate faster, Guidewire said.
Use data in new ways
InsurancePlatform helps insurers:
- Improve efficiency of ETL development and reduce the total cost of ownership in DataHub with the extension of Guidewire Data Integration and Automation Layer (DIAL) to the extract phase with two new capabilities: DIAL Switchboard Interface and DIAL Transfer.
- Help claims managers and vice presidents better understand increases in claim severity with a new Claim Severity by Loss Date InfoCenter report and updates to the Claim Severity data mart.
- Provide expanded risk evaluation capabilities with the addition of an accumulation event for ransomware in Cyence Risk Analytics for Cyber Management.
Improve digital engagement
Enhancements to the Guidewire for Salesforce app, available on AppExchange, deliver insurance CRM with improved customer insights and better access to data. The new release includes support for the latest insurance-focused enhancements in the Salesforce Financial Services Cloud. The release includes:
- Near real-time data synching between Guidewire InsuranceSuite and Financial Services Cloud.
- Global search across InsuranceSuite and Financial Services Cloud.
- Expanded views on demand of policy, billing, and claims use cases.
- Quote and bind out-of-the-box for five lines of business, including workers’ compensation.
- Synching of Activities & Notes and Submissions & Opportunities.
InsurancePlatform allows insurers to quickly introduce, test and optimize new business models. Customers can reduce integration costs and effort through more than 115 Guidewire-validated third-party integrations currently available in the Guidewire Marketplace.