The Risk and Insurance Management Society (RIMS) has launched its 80th global chapter in India.
According to a statement by RIMS, its board of directors recently approved the formal application, submitted by local risk professionals, and voted unanimously to establish the chapter, effective immediately.
The chapter is currently planning its 2021 schedule and programming, as well as accepting risk professionals that are interested to join.
“Through RIMS endeavours in India, we have been so fortunate to gain the support of the insurance and brokerage community, higher learning and government institutions and, most importantly, leaders in risk management,” said RIMS president Laura Langone. “RIMS’ newest chapter will become a unifying force. It will spark greater collaboration and support the already outstanding risk programs implemented across the country.”
The following individuals were named to the RIMS India Chapter’s inaugural board of directors:
- President: N K V Roop Kumar, chief of risk, SBI Life
- Vice President: Keerthana Mainkar, head of ERM, Infosys
- Treasurer: Amol Padhye, head of market risk, HDFC Bank
- Secretary: Amber Gupta, head of legal and corporate secretary, Birla Sunlife Insurance
- Director: Anand Shirur, CEO, Digitangle Consulting
- Director: Steward Doss, associate professor, National Insurance Academy
- Director: Monika Mittal, professor, BIMTECH
- Director: Shibyanshu Sharma, vice president of risk management, SBI Life
- Director: Yogesh Ghorpade, head of ERM and lead insurance, Thermax Industries
“RIMS India’s board of directors truly represent a cross-section of the country’s risk management community,” said Gopal Krishnan K S, head – RIMS India operations. “The Society looks forward to learning from their unique experiences and welcoming others to contribute so that, together, we can develop the highest standard of risk management education to address corporate India’s biggest concerns.”