Smart Money People’s Insurance Choice Awards 2018 has taken place at Café de Paris in London, and we have the lowdown on who took home the gong. Among the big winners were Geoffrey Insurance, which triumphed in two categories, and new player Laka in three.
Launched in 2016, the awards are based on customer reviews on platform Smart Money People. Here are this year’s winners:
- Best Big Insurance Company – Admiral
- Best Overall Insurance Broker – Sure Thing!
- Innovation of the Year – Laka
- Treating Customers Fairly Champion - Geoffrey Insurance
- Customer Service Champion – Velosure
- Best Car Insurance Provider – Geoffrey Insurance
- Best Home Insurance Provider – Policy Expert
- Best Travel Insurance Provider – Insurance Choice
- Best Protection Insurance Provider – LV=
- Best Pet Insurance Provider – Lifetime Pet Cover
- Best Wedding Insurance Provider – Dreamsaver Wedding Insurance
- Best Specialist Insurance Provider – Collingwood
- Best Cycle Insurance Provider – Laka
- Best Caravan Cover Provider – Caravan and Motorhome Club
- Best Landlord Insurance Provider – Hamilton Fraser
- Best Student Insurance Provider – Endsleigh
- Insurance Vendor of the Year – Close Brothers Premium Finance
- Best Newcomer – Laka
“We are absolutely thrilled to have taken home two awards,” commented Russell Wilson (pictured), head of direct at Geoffrey. “Winning ‘Best Insurance Provider’ in what was an extremely competitive category is incredible but we are particularly delighted with the award for ‘Treating Customers Fairly’ as providing superior customer service is something we really pride ourselves on.
“Knowing that these awards are voted for by the public shows that we’re hitting the mark, offering support when they need it most, which makes it even more special.”