London-headquartered Aon Plc has released its financial results for the first quarter of 2019 – revealing positive changes in terms of revenue, operating income, and net income attributable to shareholders.
The global professional services firm enjoyed $3.1 billion in revenue for the first three months of the year, with the total amount signifying a 2% rise from the figure posted in the same period in 2018.
Broken down in terms of offerings, here are the revenue numbers:
- Commercial Risk Solutions – $1.1 billion, down 6%
- Reinsurance Solutions – $788 million, up 6%
- Retirement Solutions – $420 million, down 1%
- Health Solutions – $486 million, up 8%
- Data & Analytic Services – $336 million, up 14%
Aon’s overall operating income, meanwhile, grew 9% from $799 million to $872 million.
As for net income from continuing operations attributable to shareholders, the figure amounted to $659 million. This is higher than last year’s $588 million, as well as than the $594 million total from the first quarter of 2018 which included the net income from discontinued operations.