Satellite Agency Network (SAN) Group, an alliance of independent insurance agencies, has announced that it added 16 new member agencies in the first half of 2021. SAN now includes more than 390 independent agencies writing more than $941.8 million in total combined premium.
SAN attributed the growth to a spike in interest from captive agents departing the exclusive channel, as well as existing agency owners expanding their service and product offerings.
“Whether you are an existing business owner, captive agent, or seasoned insurance professional looking to become an entrepreneur, SAN’s business model has proven time and again to help members build a successful and profitable agency,” said Larry Rose, chief operating officer at SAN. “Our strengths as a company align well with the goals of our member agencies as well as the goals of our strategic partner carriers. When we band together, we all succeed.”
New additions to the alliance include:
- Assured Next Insurance of Lexington, Mass.
- Blatchley Insurance of Buffalo, N.Y.
- Chennara Kim Insurance of Lawrence, Mass.
- Cory Tinsley Agency of Rochester, N.Y.
- Kader Insurance Agency of East Berlin, Conn.
- Koch Protect of Littleton, Mass.
- L & S Agency of Blasdell, N.Y.
- Lia Group Services of Schenectady, N.Y.
- Oakwood Elite Insurance Group of Portsmouth, N.H.
- Schiappa Insurance Agency of Coventry, R.I.
- Smart Financial of Chelmsford, Mass.
- Sterling Bridge Insurance Agency of Worcester, Mass.
- Stowe Insurance Agency of Stowe, Vt.
Read next: SAN Group announces 2021 award winners
Other agencies that have joined SAN this year are located in Massachusetts, Pennsylvania and Connecticut.
SAN Group is an alliance of independent insurance agencies across eight states in the Northeast. It is a founding master agency of SIAA, the largest national alliance of independent insurance agencies.