QBE North America has announced the launch of a dedicated unit of healthcare professionals in underwriting, claims, risk solutions and products. The QBE Integrated Advantage for Healthcare team will be led by Cindy Oard, senior vice president and underwriting leader for healthcare.
QBE integrated the team to provide multi-line solutions for hospitals, physician groups, medical facilities and managed-care organizations. The team can provide management liability, medical malpractice, property, auto and workers’ compensation coverage.
“By integrating a single specialized team dedicated to the healthcare market, we provide integrated solutions for our customers,” Oard said. “And through our specialization, we are responsive in applying our expertise and coverages to create the best solution possible.”
“Healthcare is arguably one of the largest parts of the US economy,” said Russell Johnston, CEO of QBE North America. “It’s growing faster than almost any other segment in the US economy, and in order to serve this segment well, it requires a level of applied expertise that most companies don’t deliver.”
QBE Integrated Advantage for Healthcare’s suite of coverages includes:
- Directors and officers liability
- Employment practices liability
- Facultative reinsurance of captives
- Fidelity and crime coverage
- Fiduciary liability
- General liability
- Hospital professional liability (medical malpractice)
- Managed care errors and omissions
- Medical facilities liability (medical malpractice)
- Physician group liability (medical malpractice)
- Workers’ compensation