Northwestern Mutual’s Foundation is providing grants to 25 local non-profits in Milwaukee that were chosen by the insurer’s employees.
In total, Northwestern Mutual is providing grants totaling $225,000. Each of the 25 non-profits will receive between $1,000 and $10,000 as part of the company’s “Days of Sharing” program, which is now in its tenth year.
Celebrate excellence in insurance. Join us at the Insurance Business Awards in Chicago.
“We continually strive to cultivate a culture focused on giving back, and our employees are a key part of this,” said Northwestern Mutual Foundation president Eric Christophersen. “Our Days of Sharing program provides an opportunity to celebrate the season of giving while honoring the volunteer service and community support given by dedicated employees.”
As part of the insurer’s charity program, employees nominated their non-profits of choice starting in October. Employees from the insurer’s New York and Arizona offices were also invited to nominate non-profits in their respective areas, on top of the local non-profits operating in Milwaukee. From the nominated pool of non-profits, 25 organizations were randomly selected.
Northwestern Mutual also encouraged employees to vote for pre-selected non-profits to receive grants totaling $125,000, a release said. From this list, the top five chosen organizations were Alzheimer’s Association of Wisconsin, Girls Who Code, Fisher House Wisconsin, National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Greater Milwaukee and Latino Veterans Legacy of Valor Foundation.
The 25 non-profits chosen from among those nominated by Northwestern Mutual’s employees are:
- AIDS Resource Center of Wisconsin
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Milwaukee
- Bloom360 Learning Community
- Cathedral Center
- Charlie Bessette Scholarship Fund
- Cynthia’s Breast Cancer Giving Circle
- Downtown Montessori Academy
- Feeding America
- Growing South Milwaukee
- Lad Lake
- Latino Veterans Legacy of Valor Foundation
- Martin Luther High School
- Milwaukee Torrent Community Foundation
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- Professional Fire Fighters of Wisconsin Charitable Foundation
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Eastern Wisconsin
- Second Hand Purrs
- Secure Futures
- SET Ministry
- South Milwaukee Human Concerns
- Special Spaces Wisconsin
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight
- Stellar Collegiate Charter School
- Trinity Lutheran School
- Wisconsin Independent Learning College
Northwestern Mutual has awarded over $15 million in grants on behalf of its employees through the Days of Sharing program since 2007.
Insurance industry raises $15 million in hurricane donations so far
extends support to Philadelphia
children and their families