The Hanover has joined as a new carrier partner for Pearl Insurance’s professional liability risk purchasing group for lawyers, Lawyers ProtectionPlus.
Effective June 01, 2019, the new program will provide lawyers who are a part of the risk purchasing group with a suite of expanded coverage options – including comprehensive coverage limits of up to $10 million, as well as broad risk management resources, a release said.
Other features of the Lawyers ProtectionPlus program include:
- Lawyers with a clean loss history for three years will be offered a 50% deductible reduction.
- Multiple extended reporting periods.
- No hammer clause (insureds’ consent needed to settle a claim).
- 5% credit for participation in certain risk management activities.
- Risk management resources, such as seminars, tools, sample documents and more.
- Pre-claim assistance.
“What it comes down to is making sure our customers can live and work worry-free,” commented Pearl Insurance CEO Gary Pearl. “We seek partners with that same commitment. This alliance with The Hanover will continue to expand our professional liability program for the benefit of our customers.”
Last year, The Hanover struck a similar deal with USI Affinity to offer professional liability insurance for lawyers across six states and the District of Columbia, via the latter’s risk purchasing group.