Building on its research with over 700 claims leaders and a 70-question survey from prior years, the annual study has launched a new condensed survey that will probe deeper into select operational challenges/strategies. This is expected to provide greater insights into current issues, allowing Rising Medical Solutions’ 2016 study to more fully engage in problem solving in the following areas:
- Prioritizing Core Competencies
- Claims Outcomes Management
- Measuring Best Practices
- Incentivizing Operational Excellence
- Training & Retaining Staff
- Impact of Technology & Data
- Medical Performance Management
- Impact of Regulatory Compliance & Healthcare Policy
The study’s principal researcher, Denise Algire, said “Our new, compact survey facilitates a deeper exploration of areas that claims leaders tell us will be most useful in the coming years, and allows us to provide practical steps to address some of the industry’s biggest operational obstacles and opportunities.”
The confidential survey will be open through June, and is open to management and executive-level leaders who oversee workers’ compensation claims operations for organizations such as insurance carriers, employers, third party administrators, government entities, and risk pools. Claims leaders who take the survey will receive a copy of the 2016 Study Report.
The Study Report will be published this fall.
The Workers’ Compensation Benchmarking Study is a national research program examining the forces that impact claims management in workers’ compensation today. The study’s sponsors say they hope to advance claims management in the industry by providing both quantitative and qualitative research. Through surveys and interviews with claims leaders nationwide, the program generates actionable data for claims organizations to evaluate priorities, challenges, and strategies amongst their peers. The ongoing program is a collaboration of industry executives representing diverse organizational perspectives, including the Study’s Principal Researcher and Advisory Council:
- Gale Vogler | Director, Managed Care | Acuity Insurance
- Denise Algire | Director Managed Care & Disability | Albertsons Safeway, Inc.
- Raymond Jacobsen | Senior Managing Director | AON Benfield
- Rich Cangiolosi | Vice President, Western Region| CCMSI
- Pamela Highsmith-Johnson, RN, BSN, CCM | Director, Case Management | CNA
- Cathy Vines | Director, Healthcare Cost Containment Strategy | CopperPoint Mutual Insurance
- Daniel T. Holden | Manager, Corporate Risk & Insurance | Daimler Trucks North America LLC
- Kelly Kuri | Claims Manager| Frank Winston Crum Insurance
- Srivatsan (Sri) Sridharan | Senior Vice President, Workers’ Compensation Product Management | Gallagher Bassett
- Marcos Iglesias MD | Vice President, Medical Director | The Hartford
- James Masingill | Vice President, Claim Operations | Markel FirstComp Insurance
- Tom Stark | Technical Director, Workers’ Compensation | Nationwide Insurance
- Tom McCauley | Owner & Consultant | Networks by Design
- David Price | President | POMCO Risk Management
- Laura Crowe | Risk Management Director | Presbyterian Healthcare Services
- Mark Walls | Vice President of Communications & Strategic Analysis | Safety National
- Darrell Brown | Chief Claims Officer | Sedgwick
- John Smolk | Principal Manager, Workers’ Compensation | Southern California Edison
- Joe McLaughlin | Senior Vice President, Sales & Marketing | TRISTAR Insurance Group
- Linda Butler | Manager, Workers’ Compensation | Walt Disney World Resort
- Kyle Cato | Workers’ Compensation & Safety Manager | Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
- Tim Mondon | Senior Vice President, Bill Review | Zenith Insurance
You've reached your limit - Register for free now for unlimited access
To read the full story, and get unlimited access to Insurance Business website content, just register for free now. GET STARTED HERE
Already a website member? Log in below.