Veteran insurance executive and entrepreneur Marguerite Dixen (pictured above) has established Adroit General Agency, a managing general agency providing workers’ compensation insurance along with a range of technology-driven safety, loss prevention and claims management services for employers vulnerable to high-severity losses and their brokers.
“The evolving commercial insurance marketplace has created new and complex challenges in workers’ compensation insurance, particularly for employers with high-severity claims experience that have long been underserved by the market,” Dixen said. “In collaboration with Origami Risk, we’ve developed a breakthrough solution for these employers and their insurance brokers that combines individual account underwriting with value-added loss control and claims services. By deploying cutting-edge technology, we’re able to drive safety management, leverage analytics, and streamline reporting and administration.”
Rob Petrie, CEO of Origami Risk, will serve as an advisor to Adroit, which will begin operations with six professionals, including specialists in brokerage relationship development, workers’ compensation underwriting and program structure, safety and loss control, claims management and compliance. The company will be based in Chicago.
Brokers and insureds working with Adroit will have access to risk management resources including:
- Account-specific underwriting: An underwriting and pricing approach based on individual account performance and potential
- Consulting resources: Loss control consulting services provided by Adroit in conjunction with external providers
- Safety management system: Origami Risk’s system provides a wide range of tools and analytical capabilities to help organizations track incidents and develop, evaluate and reinforce preventive measures, as well as implement sustainable safety cultures
- Claims technology: Origami’s claims management tool customizes workflows to automate processes for alerting stakeholders, initiating next steps, and reporting to regulatory agencies. The tool also facilitates claims analysis, supervision and adjusting
- Analytical capabilities: Multiple features of Origami’s risk management information system that are typically only available to large employers, including online application submissions, mobile forms, dashboards, reporting, tracking and more
- Claims services: Outcomes-based claims model, emphasizing integrated medical management, use of high-penetration networks and bill review procedures
- Case management support: Resources aimed at reducing disability, facilitating return to work through nursing triage, incorporation of official disability guideline tools, and a variety of case management methodologies
Read next: Taking workers’ safety to the next level
Dixen, founder and CEO of Adroit, has more than 32 years of insurance experience. Previously, she served as founder and president of Third Coast Underwriters, a division of AF Group. She also launched and led Fundamental Underwriters, a commercial transportation liability specialty insurer. Dixen has also held senior management roles at SeaBright Insurance and The Hartford, as well as senior underwriting positions with Travelers, RSA and Argonaut.
Petrie co-founded Origami Risk in 2009. He has more than three decades of leadership experience in risk management and insurance technology. Prior to forming Origami Risk, he served in a series of leadership roles at Marsh, including CEO of CS STARS and head of global operations and client technology.