#7 HIGHCOURT PARTNERS TOP BROKERAGES
DAVID GARLAND, CFO, AND MARK R. MCKAY, CEO
Specialties: Commercial/industrial, international, private client, equine, revenue insurance products, professional indemnity, captive consulting and formation, and risk/ insurance consulting
What sets your firm apart from others?
We have a unique discipline and singular client focus that is guided by a vision and driven by a mission.
Name five factors about your business that have helped you succeed:
- Strategic planning
- Global footprint
- Great people
- Driven culture
- Supportive clients
What kinds of coverage have contributed the most to your firm’s success?
Tough US products liability, Lloyd’s binding authorities, specialty clinical trials and governance products.
What’s the most important thing brokers can do to develop their business?
- Demonstrate value
- Create predictable outcomes
- Walk away from price
- Leverage technology that solves business problems
- Unique market positioning
How does your firm retain top talent?
- Casual yet driven environment with public accountability
- Opportunity to travel around the world
- Educate, educate and educate
- Technology empowerment and investment
- US entry
- Strategic hiring and presence in two more Canadian cities
- Capital markets entry