AXA XL has announced several promotions and appointments in its Americas region, its UK and Lloyd’s business unit, and its Asia and Europe business unit as part of a new regionally focused operating model.
“Our new operating model positions us closer to brokers and clients so we can effectively deliver products across business lines and share our collective expertise,” said Joe Tocco, Americas CEO for AXA XL. “While most product line and distribution leaders remain in their longtime roles, our reorganization provides new growth opportunities for others. I’m excited to see these colleagues rise to new challenges. It’s a testimony to the deep bench of talent here at AXA XL.”
Reporting to Donna Nadeau, Americas chief underwriting officer:
- David Grigg, promoted to chief underwriting officer for professional and cyber. He will manage the company’s book of miscellaneous errors and omissions, which includes its design professional and cyber insurance businesses.
- Alex Blanco, named to the newly created role of chief underwriting officer for specialty. Blanco previously held the role assumed by Grigg. In his new role, he will manage AXA XL’s crisis management, art, accident and health, political risk, trade credit and bond businesses.
- Mary Ann Susavidge, promoted to chief underwriting officer for environmental. Susavidge succeeds Matt O’Malley, who now serves as East Zone leader for the Americas.
Reporting to Bob Peretti, chief distribution officer:
- Kevin Bull, promoted to the new role of head of global broker coordination.
- James Martin, relocating to the US from the UK to assume the newly created role of head of client relationship management and business development.
- June Dwyer, appointed head of broker management for Marsh.
- Jeanne Marie Vahdat, appointed head of broker management for AON.
- Wayne Speeg, appointed head of broker management for retail brokers.
Other Americas region promotions:
- Tony Gentile, promoted to executive underwriter for AXA XL’s environmental insurance business unit to succeed Susavidge.
UK and Lloyd’s business unit appointments
Underwriting leadership appointments:
- Simon Hearn, CUO London wholesale, UK and Lloyd’s market.
- Andrew Underwood, CUO specialty, UK and Lloyd’s market.
- Ramesh Singh, CUO financial lines, UK and Lloyd’s market.
AXA XL said that further appointments would be announced in the future, including CUO for retail property and casualty and CUO for marine, aviation and energy.
Distribution leadership appointments:
- Paul Howard, head of coverholder development.
- Christine Cook, head of alternative distribution.
- Allan Murley, head of broker management.
- Tim Smith, head of client management.
- Owen Williams, global programs and captives director, UK and Lloyd’s market.
Claims leadership appointments:
- Katherine Baron, head of casualty claims, UK and Lloyd’s market.
- Laura Probyn, head of property claims, UK and Lloyd’s market.
- Eve Grant, head of specialty claims, UK and Lloyd’s market.
- Lesley Turner, head of claims operations and motor, UK and Lloyd’s market.
- Year Patel, head of financial lines claims practice (UK, Asia and Europe) and head of financial lines claims, UK and Lloyd’s market.
“I’m delighted to announce this group of highly experienced and capable individuals, who I’m confident will help to ensure we are the insurance partner of choice in this important region,” said Sean McGovern, CEO for UK and Lloyd’s at AXA XL. “These appointments are a great reflection of the quality of talent at AXA XL.
Asia and Europe business unit appointments
- Marie Charbonnier, global programs and captives director, Asia and Europe.
- Matthew Daubin, chief underwriting officer, marine, Asia and Europe.
- Yannick Daucourt, chief underwriting officer, specialty, Asia and Europe.
- Simon Fumagalli, chief underwriting officer, global financial lines, Asia and Europe.
- Michael Maier, chief underwriting officer, aerospace, Asian and Europe, and underwriting manager, aerospace, Switzerland.
- Daniel Maurer, chief underwriting officer, casualty, Asia and Europe.
- Laurent Richème, chief underwriting officer, property, construction and energy, Asia and Europe.
- Corinne Southarewsky, chief claims officer, Asia and Europe.
The following country leaders have also been appointed:
- Eduard Billovits, Austria and CSEE.
- James Chambers, Hong Kong.
- Kevin Leong, Singapore.
- Saverio Longo, Italy.
- José Ramón Morales, Spain.
- Andrew Vigar, Japan.
- Alain Wijnants, Benelux.
- Peter Wulliman, Nordics.
“I’m delighted we could find the right people within our organization to lead our underwriting, captives and claims capabilities in Europe and Asia, as well as our local teams,” said Xavier Veyry, CEO for Asia and Europe at AXA XL. “It reflects the quality of the talent at AXA XL.”